master flat height is not equal to image height

master flat height is not equal to image height

mjrennie83
Hello,

I am trying to make my calibration frames and process my images but I am getting an error that says:

MASTER FLAT height is not equal to my image height.

I don't know how to fix this or how to change image heights.

Any advice or tips would be great. AstroImageJ is a new program to me.

Re: master flat height is not equal to image height

AIJ is letting you know the number of x-pixels and/or y-pixels in the master flat image is not the same as the number of
pixels in your science images. Is your master flat being created by AIJ or by a 3rd party program? Obviously your flat
field images should be taken with the same camera as you science images, and with the *same binning* setting.

You can open you master flat and one of your science images into AIJ directly. The image dimensions are displayed above
the image display. They should be the same. Otherwise, flat-fielding division cannot be done over the entire image.

If you think they should be the same and the master flat is different dimensions than the science images, take a look at
one of the raw flat-field image dimensions to see if they differ. However, AIJ will always produce a master flat that
has the same dimensions that the raw flat-field images.