Questions on Installing AIJ on a New WIN 11 System

Questions on Installing AIJ on a New WIN 11 System

skyguy
I just purchased anew Dell laptop mainly to run AIJ on and I am having java fatal errors when I try to run AIJ.  Can anyone suggest what I can do to resolve these? Have there been other reports of such issues?

Re: Questions on Installing AIJ on a New WIN 11 System

We have not tested on Windows 11, but let us know which installation package are you using. Also, which path did you install at?

Re: Questions on Installing AIJ on a New WIN 11 System

To clarify a bit, make sure you have installed the latest AIJ package (v5.1 currently) from the AIJ website:
https://www.astro.louisville.edu/software/astroimagej/installation_packages/

Also, make sure you installed into a location where you have write access to the hard drive (program_files is locked down now without some extra work). It's easiest to just install somewhere like in the documents folder.

In case the above does not address the problem, we are attempting to download Windows 11 on a spare laptop, but will need a couple of days to get that done and test on our end.

Re: Questions on Installing AIJ on a New WIN 11 System

skyguy
Thank you, Karen:

I appreciate your very quick reply. Too many late nights for me lately!  I am having trouble finding this installation file: AstroImageJ_v3.0.0_20141206_windows_java7_x64.zip

I'll try to lay off the basic questions!

John

Re: Questions on Installing AIJ on a New WIN 11 System

It’s available in the older versions folder, but we no longer actively support it. The version 5.1.0.00 is currently supported.

Re: Questions on Installing AIJ on a New WIN 11 System

I have now been able install Windows 11 on a machine. I have not done full testing yet with AstroImageJ 5.1.0.00 yet, but I have not found any obvious problems loading images and or running Multi-Aperture or Multi-plot. Please note that I have not tested AIJ v3.x, since we don't plan to further support the older version.

Karen