Problem running DPP:"file path.... missing the required extension"

Problem running DPP:"file path.... missing the required extension"

Matthew Lyttelton
I am a new user of AIJ, just installed onto PC running windows 7 running 64 bit and 8 GB memory. Java was not preinstalled so I installed AIJ with AstroImageJ_v3.0.0_20141206_windows_java7_x64.zip.

Initially I had DP working fine, calibrating (Bias, DarK & Flats) and plate solving. DP however is now throwing an error as shown

AIJ error

I am running a sequence to make a masterflat with existing masterdark and masterbias. The programme appears to load and calibrate the flats but fail to save.

The log is attached which does not appear to help.

I have tried running with flats from different directories and saving to different directories to no benefit

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
MatthewAIJ_log.txt

Re: Problem running DPP:"file path.... missing the required extension"

Hi Matthew,

Could you provide a screen grab of your full DP panel so I can see how you have things set up? It seems something is
amiss with the output filename, suffix, or subfolder.

Re: Problem running DPP:"file path.... missing the required extension"

Hi Matthew,

Could you provide a screen grab of your full DP panel so I can see how you have things set up? It seems something is amiss with the output filename, suffix, or subfolder.

Re: Problem running DPP:"file path.... missing the required extension"

Matthew Lyttelton
Hi Karen
Screenshot attached.
This is with a different set of flats which I have just run, with the same error.

Matthew

PS I have double-checked that the paths and folders are valid and correct

DP screenshot

Re: Problem running DPP:"file path.... missing the required extension"

Hi Matthew,

I think the problem may be that you need to enter a name for your master flat. If that it the issue, I probably need to improve the error message reported for this case.

Karen

On Nov 18, 2017, at 9:04 AM, Matthew Lyttelton [via AstroImageJ] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Karen
Screenshot attached.
This is with a different set of flats which I have just run, with the same error.

Matthew

PS I have double-checked that the paths and folders are valid and correct

DP screenshot

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/Problem-running-DPP-file-path-missing-the-required-extension-tp902p909.html
To start a new topic under AstroImageJ, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from AstroImageJ, click here.
NAML

Re: Problem running DPP:"file path.... missing the required extension"

Hi Matthew,
It looks like the master flat name is missing. That needs to be specified if you are creating or using a master flat. If that indeed solves your problem, I'll try to make the related error message more appropriate for the problem.

Re: Problem running DPP:"file path.... missing the required extension"

Matthew Lyttelton
Thanks. That was the problem. Now running fine.
Thanks for your help, and for making this available

Matthew

On Nov 18, 2017, at 9:04 AM, Matthew Lyttelton [via AstroImageJ] <<a href="x-msg://1/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=914&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Karen
Screenshot attached.
This is with a different set of flats which I have just run, with the same error.

Matthew

PS I have double-checked that the paths and folders are valid and correct

DP screenshot

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/Problem-running-DPP-file-path-missing-the-required-extension-tp902p909.html
To start a new topic under AstroImageJ, email <a href="x-msg://1/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=914&amp;i=1" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from AstroImageJ, click here.
NAML

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/Problem-running-DPP-file-path-missing-the-required-extension-tp902p914.html
To unsubscribe from Problem running DPP:"file path.... missing the required extension", click here.
NAML