should scintillation noise be included in overall relative normalized flux error?

should scintillation noise be included in overall relative normalized flux error?

JustusRandolph
When creating a dataset with eVscope data for external use, for example, as input to a global fit program such as EXOFAST, should scintillation noise (e.g., Equation B4 in Collins et al. 2017 -- draft version) be included in overall relative normalized flux error since this factor can be relatively large?

Thanks,

Justus

Re: should scintillation noise be included in overall relative normalized flux error?

Scintillation noise would ideally be calculated and included, but it is not clear to me how to calculate Scintillation noise for differential photometry. It would probably depend on how well the noise cancellation is working from the target star relative to the comp ensemble.

However, EXOFAST will expand the errors provided by AIJ to roughly compensate for the missing scintillation and various other sources of red noise and systematics, so I think you would be okay.

Re: should scintillation noise be included in overall relative normalized flux error?

JustusRandolph
Thank  you for the advice.