font size in DP and coordinate converter windows

font size in DP and coordinate converter windows

Steven Souza
Is there any way to increase the font size in these windows? Like so much recent software, these seem to be created only for 20-year-old eyes. For me, trying to use these windows is slow and error-prone, and gives me a headache.

Re: font size in DP and coordinate converter windows

Hi Steven,
Unfortunately, there is no way to increase font size on those panels at
this time. This is a difficult problem to address in GUI interface
design where fonts, icons, and other display widgets don't play well
together after scaling just the font size.

The fonts are actually fairly large on conventional flat panel desktop
displays. What is the display size of your monitor and what is the
resolution? I expect that the new breed of laptops that squeeze
1920x1080 or higher onto 10-13" displays cause the fonts (and everything
else) to be tiny. If it turns out that you are using a high-resolution
small screen, does the OS provide a way to specify that windows be
displayed at a larger scale than usual?

By the way, AIJ was developed by 50 something year old eyes, so I am
sympathetic to the small font issue. I can't promise a quick fix, but I
will certainly be looking for an easy way to scale the display panels
for systems with different pixel scales.

Re: font size in DP and coordinate converter windows

Steven Souza
Thanks for the quick reply! I'm using a 27" iMac with a pixel pitch of 0.233 mm. It's a beautiful screen, but I have this issue with many applications, especially Apple's own. It's not so beautiful at lower resolution, and the zoom features in MacOS are too clunky. I can hope.