a_java_exception_has_occurred.....

pablotwa
Hi Karen

I'm posting here in case somebody else has the same problem. I updated today to the latest daily build and when I tried to restart the program after updating I get the following message:

"a_java_exception_has_occurred"

Now the program won't start..
Thoughts?

Re: a_java_exception_has_occurred.....

pablotwa
Most interesting, I installed the latest Java and removed the old ones to no avail. The same problem occurred.

Then as a lark I executed the ij executable jar file the daily build updated today (not the Astroimaje J with
 a picture of saturn) and low and behold it started and for now it seems to work well...

What's up with that?

Re: a_java_exception_has_occurred.....

Hi All:

If you experience this problem on or around 2019.01.26, try double-clicking the ij.jar file to see if AIJ will start (as suggested by Pablo). If so, update to the newest daily build. Then you should be able to start AIJ using the .exe file again (windows users).

If the above doesn't work, you will unfortunately need to reinstall AIJ version 3.2.0 from scratch and then update to the daily build.

Sorry for this trouble.

Karen