Work around for MAC OSX 10.8 AIJ startup error: AstroImageJ64 is damaged and can't be opened

Work around for MAC OSX 10.8 AIJ startup error: AstroImageJ64 is damaged and can't be opened

The first time you run AstroImageJ on Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) you may get the message "AstroImageJ64 is damaged and can't be opened". To work around this problem, go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> General and set "Allow applications downloaded from:" to "Anywhere". You can restore the original setting once AstroImageJ is running the first time.

Re: Work around for MAC OSX 10.8 AIJ startup error: AstroImageJ64 is damaged and can't be opened

james.lowenthal
This works on some machines I maintain, but not this one:
Mac OSX 10.13.5 (high Sierra)
I get the error popup "AstroImage64 us damaged and can't be opened" and the only options are "cancel" or "move to trash".

I go to Sys prefs > Security & Privacy, but there IS NO OPTION (not even a grayed out option) for "Allow applications downloaded from anywhere".

Supposedly identical osx on supposedly identical machines in same room DO have that option.  But my sysadmin says they're all supposed to be like this machine, with NO such option.  He says I'm instead supposed to get the option to over-ride the security when I try to run the app -- but that never happens.

I tried launching AIJ64 via ctrl-click and "open", but get same error as above, with only options being "cancel" or "move to trash".

James Lowenthal
Smith College

Re: Work around for MAC OSX 10.8 AIJ startup error: AstroImageJ64 is damaged and can't be opened

Hi James,

Have you tried the first installation workaround method here:
http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/OS-X-10-12-and-10-13-Installation-Workaround-for-AIJ-td567.html

Karen

On 10/1/2018 10:39 AM, james.lowenthal [via AstroImageJ] wrote:
[...]

To start a new topic under AstroImageJ, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from AstroImageJ, click here.
NAML

Re: Work around for MAC OSX 10.8 AIJ startup error: AstroImageJ64 is damaged and can't be opened

james.lowenthal
Magic!

Thank you Karen!

James

On Oct 1, 2018, at 5:19 PM, karenacollins [via AstroImageJ] <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

To start a new topic under AstroImageJ, email <a href="x-msg://103/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=1054&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from AstroImageJ, click here.
NAML

To unsubscribe from Work around for MAC OSX 10.8 AIJ startup error: AstroImageJ64 is damaged and can't be opened, click here.
NAML