White points in sky background aperture ?

White points in sky background aperture ?

PieterVuylsteke
Hi,

While measuring sometimes some pixels become white inside of the background aperture.
In the word document one sees nicely black, and one nicely whitish.

What is the reason/algorithm for that ?

(my measurement are a bit, eum, wobbly, and it seems it is due to background variations, yes my photo's are calibrated)

Kind regards,
Pieter.

Re: White points in sky background aperture ?

Hi,

You have the option enabled to mark pixels that are by default ignored by the background calculation routine. To disable that display, go to Image_Display => Preferences => "Mark pixels > 2 sigma from the mean". Marking the pixels is more for debugging purposes and slows down photometry, so the option should normally be disabled.

Karen

On 5/28/2021 6:23 AM, PieterVuylsteke [via AstroImageJ] wrote:
Hi,

While measuring sometimes some pixels become white inside of the background aperture.
In the word document one sees nicely black, and one nicely whitish.

What is the reason/algorithm for that ?

(my measurement are a bit, eum, wobbly, and it seems it is due to background variations, yes my photo's are calibrated)

Kind regards,
Pieter.

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/White-points-in-sky-background-aperture-tp1574.html
To start a new topic under AstroImageJ, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from AstroImageJ, click here.
NAML