Warning "WCS mode requested but no WCS Fits header ..."

Warning "WCS mode requested but no WCS Fits header ..."

anderesa
I got stuck running the multiplot-aperture measurements process on 445 calibrated FITS images which include a meridian flip shortly before the predicted egress of exoplanet TrES-3b. I have tried to follow the method described in section 7.5.4 of the Practical Guide (revision 3.1) having plate-solved two images. The first image overall and the first image after the flip using (remote) Astrometry.net. I have also marked the checkbox "Use RA/Dec to locate aperture positions" on the relevant screen. However, the differential photometry process does not proceed through all pre-flip images using the coordinates of the first plate-solved images. Ditto for the images after the flip. Here's an example message:
***ERROR: WCS mode requested but no valid WCS FITS Headers found in image 2018-06-10_GSC 3089_929_Light_15.000secs_3x3_EBB_-3.99C_00003379_out.fit. Skipping slice 2.
I am running AIJ 3.2.0 using in-built Java 1.7.0_71 (64-bit) on a Windows10 HP notebook. I havn't found an explanation on this board and much appreciate your help. Cheers --Sam

Re: Warning "WCS mode requested but no WCS Fits header ..."

Hi Sam,

The feature is not supported in AIJ 3.2.0. Follow the directions at the link below to update to the current "Daily Build" version to enable the feature. Also, make sure that the Multi-Aperture option “Halt processing on WCS or centroid error” is disabled.

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/After-a-fresh-installation-of-AIJ-be-sure-to-update-to-the-latest-build-td142.html

Karen

On 7/21/2018 1:19 PM, anderesa [via AstroImageJ] wrote:
I got stuck running the multiplot-aperture measurements process on 445 calibrated FITS images which include a meridian flip shortly before the predicted egress of exoplanet TrES-3b. I have tried to follow the method described in section 7.5.4 of the Practical Guide (revision 3.1) have plate-solved two images. The first image overall and the first image after the flip using (remote) Astrometry.net. I have also marked the checkbox "Use RA/Dec to locate aperture positions" on the relevant screen. However, the differential photometry process does not proceed through all pre-flip images using the coordinates of the first plate-solved images. Ditto for the images after the flip. Here's an example message:
***ERROR: WCS mode requested but no valid WCS FITS Headers found in image 2018-06-10_GSC 3089_929_Light_15.000secs_3x3_EBB_-3.99C_00003379_out.fit. Skipping slice 2.
I am running AIJ 3.2.0 using in-built Java 1.7.0_71 (64-bit) on a Windows10 HP notebook. I havn't found an explanation on this board and much appreciate your help. Cheers --Sam

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/Warning-WCS-mode-requested-but-no-WCS-Fits-header-tp1023.html
To start a new topic under AstroImageJ, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from AstroImageJ, click here.
NAML

Re: Warning "WCS mode requested but no WCS Fits header ..."

anderesa
Thanks Karen,

upgrading to 3.2.1 indeed solved the problem. Many thanks.

--Sam