WCS failure

stevesmith
I've posted this before but haven't got a solution.

We're doing photometry on a bright star in a sparse field.  The brightness forces short exposures, which result in other field stars being faint.  AIJ's WCS routine isn't able to plate-solve.

Would appreciate any help

Steve

Re: WCS failure

Hi Steve,

You'll obviously need multiple star detections in the image for a successful plate solve. Watch for the light blue circles that get placed around stars in the image when the plate-solve is running. If only one or a few stars are being circled and there are other detectable stars, you may need to reduce your noise tolerance setting. Here is a set-up that usually works for my images:

On 4/30/2020 12:08 PM, stevesmith [via AstroImageJ] wrote:
I've posted this before but haven't got a solution.

We're doing photometry on a bright star in a sparse field.  The brightness forces short exposures, which result in other field stars being faint.  AIJ's WCS routine isn't able to plate-solve.

Would appreciate any help

Steve

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/WCS-failure-tp1337.html
To start a new topic under AstroImageJ, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from AstroImageJ, click here.
NAML

Re: WCS failure

stevesmith
Hi Karen:

Thanks, yes, that worked very well.  Astrometry solutions are working...

On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 1:58 AM karenacollins [via AstroImageJ] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/WCS-failure-tp1337p1338.html
To unsubscribe from WCS failure, click here.
NAML