Undo outlier removal?

SCO

Undo outlier removal?

SCO
On the Data Set 2 Fit Settings window, when outlier removal is selected, I do not see any obvious way to undo the process.  It appears that outlier removal is a one-way street.  Is that true, or is there some way to undo an outlier removal operation?

Ed
Sycamore Canyon Observatory
https://scosci.com/

Re: Undo outlier removal?

Check out the undo button to the left of the clean button.
SCO

Re: Undo outlier removal?

SCO
Fairly obvious!  My screen is so small I thought that sigma character representing the number in the input box.  Thanks Karen.

Ed
Sycamore Canyon Observatory
https://scosci.com/

Re: Undo outlier removal?

I think you could be highlighting a problem here that we were not aware of. It sounds like the Undo symbol looks different on your system that it should. Could you post an image of what your Undo button looks like? Also, let us know your operating system.

We may need to find a better approach for the  undo symbol.

Karen
SCO

Re: Undo outlier removal?

SCO
Certainly, anything for science!  Attached is the Dataset 2 screen as it appears on my monitor (100% size).  Looking closely, you can see that it is something other than a sigma, but for someone without the best eyes, it can at first glance look like it - especially when the number right next to it is a sigma value.

I am not sure what that symbol is.  Perhaps a circle with a line out the left side.  But it did not strike me as representing an 'undo' operation.  Attached is a different symbol that might communicate the purpose of the button better.

Ed

Sycamore Canyon Observatory
https://scosci.com/

Re: Undo outlier removal?

We agree that the symbol could be better and have adopted a more standard undo symbol similar to the one you suggested. The new symbol is in the daily build 5.3.3.01 or later.
SCO

Re: Undo outlier removal?

SCO
Great!  Thanks Karen.