USNO query error

SCO

USNO query error

SCO
On the MP Coordinate Converter screen, when I click "Update" under Dynamical Time, I get the error "Could not open http://maia.usno.navy.mil/ser7/tai-utc.dat.  I have an internet connection, so that is not the problem.  If I enter the URL into a browser screen it will not connect either.  I suspect that the URL has changed.  How can I fix this problem?  Thanks.
Sycamore Canyon Observatory
https://scosci.com/

Re: USNO query error

Update to the latest daily build of AIJ. It has the leapsecs built in.

http://astroimagej.170.s1.nabble.com/After-a-fresh-installation-of-AIJ-be-sure-to-update-to-the-latest-build-tp142.html

Karen
SCO

Re: USNO query error

SCO
Thanks!
Sycamore Canyon Observatory
https://scosci.com/
SCO

Re: USNO query error

SCO
I should point out that I am already on daily build 3.4.0.  I updated to 3.4.0 again, but I suspect I may have the same problem when I get to that section again..

Ed
Sycamore Canyon Observatory
https://scosci.com/
SCO

Re: USNO query error

SCO
I was right..  I still get the same error even after updating to the latest daily build.
Sycamore Canyon Observatory
https://scosci.com/

Re: USNO query error

Riccardo Papini
Hi Ed,

version 3.4.0 is the last stable version released on date 2/24/2020; the last Daily Build Version is currently 3.4.0.25 updated on 3/05/2021. Have you updated to that?

Riccardo

Re: USNO query error

Are you using build 3.4.0.25? If so, you will notice that the "Update" button is greyed out. No update is needed.

Karen
SCO

Re: USNO query error

SCO
That looks like it would fix the problem, but when I use the menus on my current level of AstroImageJ to download the latest Daily Build, the latest it shows is 3.4.0, as the picture shows.

Sycamore Canyon Observatory
https://scosci.com/

Re: USNO query error

"Daily build" is highlighted in your screengrab (it does not have a version number associated with it in the download panel). Download it and it should resolve you issue.
SCO

Re: USNO query error

SCO
Yep.  That worked great.  Thanks!