USNO Stars query fail

Alnair
Hi,

USNO Stars query, in Astronomy plugin fails. I have investigated a bit and I saw the query:
http://archive.eso.org/skycat/servers/usnoa_res? ... fails
but
http://archive.eso.org/skycat/servers/usnoa? ...  returns the result

On the other hand, it's possible to use a catalog list as aperture positions for the multi-aperture photometry tool instead of manual placing?

If not, is difficult to implement? I would be great for photometry prospections for variable stars or exoplanets.

Regards,
  Ferran Casarramona

Re: USNO Stars query fail

Hi Ferran,

I didn't write the USNO plugin, but it looks useful. I should be able to
fix the link and fully integrate the function into AIJ. However, I am
snowed under right now with some other work, so it may be a couple of
weeks before I can address the USNO plugin issue.

If you are looking to use the list downloaded from the USNO plugin to
define apertures, that is not currently supported, but I'll look at the
possibility when I address the plugin issue in general. If you want to
import a predefined list of RA/Dec coordinates as apertures, that is
supported. To access that feature, open an image and use the menus above
the image to select File->"Import apertures from RA/Dec list". Here is
an example of the input format:

#RA in decimal or sexagesimal HOURS
#Dec in decimal or sexagesimal DEGREES
#Ref Star=0,1,missing (0=target star, 1=ref star, missing->first
ap=target, others=ref)
#Centroid=0,1,missing (0=do not centroid, 1=centroid, missing=centroid)
#Apparent Magnitude or missing (value = apparent magnitude, or value >
99 or missing = no mag info)
#Add one comma separated line per aperture in the following format:
#RA, Dec, Ref Star, Centroid, Magnitude
06:30:32.769, +29:40:20.18, 0, 1, 99.999
06:30:31.850, +29:42:27.18, 1, 1, 99.999
06:30:22.597, +29:44:42.11, 1, 1, 99.999

Once you have loaded the RA/Dec file, start Multi-aperture and be sure
to enable the "Use previous N apertures" option. Of course, all of the
images will need to be plate solved first to use the RA/Dec coordinates.

Karen