This does not seem to be a .fits

Juan F. G.
This post was updated on .
Hi,everyone!
I tried to dowload the bundled Linux version from here:

http://rsbweb.nih.gov/ij/download.html

but it does NOT work...What is happening? Help! I have to test this software before my practicum!!!

Best regards,

JF

Re: This does not seem to be a .fits

Juan F. G.
I think I did it work but now I get a message when I try to open the .fits file:

This does not appear to be a .FITS file

However, I managed to open the .fits with fv fits...What is going on now?

Re: This does not seem to be a .fits

If you are intending to use AstroImageJ, that is a different build from
ImageJ. You need to download it here:

http://www.astro.louisville.edu/software/astroimagej/index.html

The only time I have seen the message you mentioned is when trying to
open a Multi-Extension FITS file. AstroImageJ supports only single image
FITS files, but can load many single image FITS files at one time into a
"Stack".

Karen