Subtracting Overscan Regions In AIJ

Harrison
I have a large overscan region in each of my frames, and it varies by about one count every 20 images. I would like to subtract the average value of each overscan region from the frame it accompanies. Is there any way to do this?

Re: Subtracting Overscan Regions In AIJ

Unfortunately AIJ does not provide an automated way of subtracting the average value of the overscan region from the rest of the image. I have added this to the AIJ feature request list, but unfortunately, it will be a few months before I can add any new features to AIJ.

Re: Subtracting Overscan Regions In AIJ

WILLIAM Weiss
Hi Karen,   I was wondering if AIJ now supports Subtracting
Overscan Regions.  I noticed the last post on this subject was
2015.  This is something I could really use!!

B. Weiss
Pandora observatory

Re: Subtracting Overscan Regions In AIJ

Hi William,

Unfortunately AIJ still does not support subtracting overscan regions during data calibration.

Karen

On 12/22/2018 3:34 PM, WILLIAM Weiss [via AstroImageJ] wrote:
Hi Karen,   I was wondering if AIJ now supports Subtracting
Overscan Regions.  I noticed the last post on this subject was
2015.  This is something I could really use!!

B. Weiss
Pandora observatory

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/Subtracting-Overscan-Regions-In-AIJ-tp253p1092.html
To start a new topic under AstroImageJ, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from AstroImageJ, click here.
NAML