Setting a fits keyword to "Calibrated"?

magnusl
Hi!

I use AstroimageJ for calibrating images of variable stars, then entering them into VPhot to measure. And VPhot does not recognize that the images are calibrated. Is there a way to make AstroImageJ automatically set such a keyword? I only found the FITS Header Updates in the DP module and there seems not to be such an option, just details for the target and observatory etc.

Any advice very welcome... I'm a bit of a newbie to Aij.

Magnus

Re: Setting a fits keyword to "Calibrated"?

Hi Magnus,

Setting a calibration keyword is not currently support. When I find time, I could add it. What would be the the exact keyword name and value of the keyword?

Does the missing keyword cause VPhot to not work, or does is just cause a warning message?

Karen

On 3/15/2020 9:00 AM, magnusl [via AstroImageJ] wrote:
Hi!

I use AstroimageJ for calibrating images of variable stars, then entering them into VPhot to measure. And VPhot does not recognize that the images are calibrated. Is there a way to make AstroImageJ automatically set such a keyword? I only found the FITS Header Updates in the DP module and there seems not to be such an option, just details for the target and observatory etc.

Any advice very welcome... I'm a bit of a newbie to Aij.

Magnus

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/Setting-a-fits-keyword-to-Calibrated-tp1303.html
To start a new topic under AstroImageJ, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from AstroImageJ, click here.
NAML

Re: Setting a fits keyword to "Calibrated"?

magnusl
Hi!

The missing keyword causes no other problems than flagging all my images as "not calibrated".

I'll need to check what it would need to be called and what value it would need.

Interestingly, I'm not the only one using AstroImageJ for calibrating before uploading to VPHot, am I? How does others manage this...?

Magnus

Re: Setting a fits keyword to "Calibrated"?

pablotwa
Hi Magnus

I've been submitting to VPHOT for years with the the missing keyword, the "not calibrated red flag" has never been a problem for me.

take care

Pablo