Sequence Disappears on Multi-Aperture

David Emory
Karen, I am finally back to get the data analyzed.

I successfully load a sequence of images. Set the aperture. Hit the multi-aperture button, and the images disappeared although Multi-Aperature Help window appears.

David

Re: Sequence Disappears on Multi-Aperture

Hi David,
     Another user reported this problem a while back running AIJ version 2.1.4 under MacOS 10.9.2, although I was never able to duplicate the issue here. What AIJ and OS versions are you using? The other user resolved his problem by reinstalling AIJ, but I'm not sure why that would help. Could you reinstall and update to the latest version on your machine and let me know if that solves the problem for you as well?  I don't like asking you to do this, but any troubleshooting info you can provide would potentially help me figure this out. Given your new report, I suspect that even though the previous user solved his issue by reinstalling AIJ, that a real problem may still be lurking around running under OSX.

Also, the other user was going back and forth between AstroImageJ and ImageJ. Do you actively use both on your machine?
Karen
On 5/22/2014 4:18 PM, David Emory [via AstroImageJ] wrote:
Karen, I am finally back to get the data analyzed.

I successfully load a sequence of images. Set the aperture. Hit the multi-aperture button, and the images disappeared although Multi-Aperature Help window appears.

David

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/Sequence-Disappears-on-Multi-Aperture-tp152.html
To start a new topic under AstroImageJ, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from AstroImageJ, click here.
NAML

Re: Sequence Disappears on Multi-Aperture

David Emory
Hi Karen

I am usingOSX 10.7.5 and the daily build.

David

Re: Sequence Disappears on Multi-Aperture

Hi David,

1) Did you have any luck reinstalling AIJ? You should be able to just move the AstroImageJ folder in your applications folder to the trash. Then download AIJ from here:
http://www.astro.louisville.edu/software/astroimagej/astroimagej_20130129/AstroImageJ_2.1.0_20130129_mac.zip
and unzip the file to your applications folder.
Then open AIJ and use the update feature to install version 2.1.5 or the daily build.

2) If #1 does not solve the problem, rename the preferences file to see if that solves the problem. To do that, close AIJ, then rename the following file:
username->Library->Preferences->AIJ_Prefs.txt to something like AIJ_Prefs.txt.original.
Now reopen AIJ and try Multi-aperture again.

This file contains all of your current AIJ settings. If renaming this file doesn't solve the problem, you can restore it. To do so, close AIJ, move the new username->Library->Preferences->AIJ_Prefs.txt file to the trash. Then rename the original file to AIJ_Prefs.txt. When you reopen AIJ, your settings will be restored.

3) Do you actively use basic ImageJ on the same machine?

4) What version of Java are you running? Click below the icons on the AIJ toolbar and report the info that is displayed:

(this screen grab is from a Microsoft Windows installation)

5) If none of the above works, are you able to update your Mac to the latest OSX (10.9.3)? I think it is a free update. This solved a different problem for another user.

Karen

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/Sequence-Disappears-on-Multi-Aperture-tp152p154.html
To start a new topic under AstroImageJ, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from AstroImageJ, click here.
NAML

Re: Sequence Disappears on Multi-Aperture

David reports that he can no longer reproduce this problem. If other users experience this problem, please report detailed information regarding your OS, computer specifics, and any operation circumstances that might be related. We now have a new Mac OSX test platform and can duplicate most configurations in hopes of solving this problem.

Karen