Saving settings in Data Processor tool

Bill Tschumy
Changes I make to the paths and patterns in the Data Processor panel are not remembered when I quit the app.  They are remembered if I just close the panel and reopen it within a session.

I'm getting a bit tired of reentering this information each time I use the app. Surely there must be some way of saving these changes.  What’s the secret?

This is with macOS and running version 5.1.0.

Thanks,
Bill

Re: Saving settings in Data Processor tool

Hi Bill,

The DP settings should be saved across AIJ sessions as you expect. To help with troubleshooting, after a typical DP run where you would lose your DP settings after closing and reopening AIJ, could you open Multi-plot by clicking the "graph" icon on the AIJ Toolbar, then go to Multi-plot Main > File > "Save all AIJ preferences to a backup file". Note the location where you saved the backup file and the file name. Attach that file to an email and send to me at karenacollins atatat outlook dotdot com (decoder ring required). After saving the backup file, go to Multi-plot Main > File > "Restore all default AIJ preferences" and follow the directions.

When you restart AIJ, you will unfortunately need to setup all of your AIJ settings (hopefully, just this one more time). Let us know if this solves or your problem or not.

If the restore of the default AIJ preferences does not solve your problem, you could potentially reload your backed up preferences if that is helpful.

Either way, with your preferences file available to us, we will hopefully be able to reproduce and debug the problem you are seeing.

Re: Saving settings in Data Processor tool

Bill Tschumy
Karen,

I did reply to your questions via email  yesterday morning.

Can someone tell me where the open source code is hosted?  I would like to look at the code to see where you are trying to store the preferences.  I might be able to help debug this for you.

Re: Saving settings in Data Processor tool

Hi Bill,

The source code is on github here:
https://github.com/AstroImageJ/astroimagej

Re: Saving settings in Data Processor tool

When you run the save all AIJ prefs file as described above, it will open the folder where the prefs files are saved. Much easier than finding that way than in the code.

I have not received a direct email from you. Double check my email address. I've checked all spam.

I also tried it on my Mac last night and the DP settings are recalled as expected. Some specific setting must be causing it to hang during the save.

Re: Saving settings in Data Processor tool

Bill's troubleshooting has discovered that the toolbar "Quit" menu item and "Command Q" on a Mac do not result in the preferences file getting update when AIJ closes on a Mac. As a workaround, use the close 'x' button on the toolbar, which does trigger a prefs file update. We will try to find a solution for "Quit" menu item and "Command Q" and issue an update.

Re: Saving settings in Data Processor tool

This problem has been fixed in 5.1.1 or later, which is now available from the update facility (Toolbar > Help > Update AstroImageJ.