Recommendation for future releases

SCO

Recommendation for future releases

SCO
This post was updated on .
Another upgrade I would suggest for a future release of AstroImageJ would be to input the kind of filter used (V, R, CBB, etc.).  Right now the filter used is only asked for in calculating limb darkening.

The filter used effects SNR, noise of several kinds, and the airmass detrend line to start.  Airmass detrending is much stronger for a V filter than it is for an R filter for example.  Some submitted sessions might have even been done with an NIR or B filter.  The airmass detrend would be significantly different between those two cases. Do you expect this could be added in a future release?
Sycamore Canyon Observatory
https://scosci.com/

Re: Recommendation for future releases

It is not clear to me how the filter would be used for airmass purposes. The SNR and airmass detrend coefficient are calculated from the data, rather than from prior knowledge of the filter used (although the calculated SNR does depend on the detector values entered in the Aperture Settings page).

Karen
SCO

Re: Recommendation for future releases

SCO