RGB Composer

Stephan Lück
Hi,

I just tried to use the RGB-Composer (AstroImageJ 3.0.0) plugin to create a Color picture from three grayscales. It does not work at all. Same procedure tested with original ImageJ (V1.47) works perfect.

Anyone here, who has an idea?

Re: RGB Composer

I will need to check out and potentially debug the RGB-Composer plugin
when I get more time. AIJ's special image display sometimes requires
minor changes to plugins for compatibility. However, I think the same
functionality is available under the "Color" menu above the image
display. Here are the steps to create a color RGB image from 3 separate
gray scale images:

1) Open the 3 images to be composed into a RGB color image
2) Then select Color->Images To Stack
3) Select Scale->Fixed brightness & contrast (per image slice)
[this allows to change the contrast of each RGB stack slice
independently so that the desired color combination can be achieved]
4) Select Color->Make composite color image, and keep the default
"Composite" display mode
5) Adjust the contrast of each resulting slice to obtain the desired
image color combination
[the color image is displayed in the stack display]
[see the info line above to image to know which slice corresponds to
which color]
6) Select Color->Convert RBG stack to color image

Done.

Re: RGB Composer

The current AIJ 'daily build' (db3.0.1) has a new menu item 'RGB
Composer' in the 'Color' Menu above the image display. This is a custom
version of the RGB Composer plugin that is compatible with AIJ. Be sure
to set the "Scale" setting on the three individual component images to
'full dynamic range' and then select Image_Display_Menu->Color->'RGB
Composer' to use the custom version of RGB composer in AIJ.

Let me know if you have further problems.

Karen