RA and Dec In Aperture Photometry Tool

Scott Engle
Hello,

After successfully solving an image using astrometry.net, I'd like to get accurate positions for the star centroids. But when I go to the Aperture Photometry Tool and click on a star, it gives me all of the info, except RAOBJ2K and DECOBJ2K, which both display NaN.

Is there a different method that I should be using other than Aperture Photometry Tool?

Best,
Scott

Re: RA and Dec In Aperture Photometry Tool

Hi Scott,

The RAOBJ2K and DECOBJ2K keywords are intended to be pulled from the fits header keywords, as are any of the items listed in the "Keywords" comma separated text box in the Aperture Photometry Settings panel:

For single aperture photometry, RA and Dec of the clicked location (or centroid near the clicked location, if enabled) is contained the the columns "RA" and DEC" in the measurements table:

For multi-aperture photometry, each aperture's RA and DEC label is appended with the its T or C designation and number (e.g. RA_T1, DEC_T1, RA_C2, DEC_C2, ...):

If you don't find those entries in the measurements table, check the "Aperture Photometry Settings" "More Settings" panel and make sure the "World Coordinates (RA, DEC)" option is enabled:

Karen

On 10/27/2015 9:10 PM, Scott Engle [via AstroImageJ] wrote:
Hello,

After successfully solving an image using astrometry.net, I'd like to get accurate positions for the star centroids. But when I go to the Aperture Photometry Tool and click on a star, it gives me all of the info, except RAOBJ2K and DECOBJ2K, which both display NaN.

Is there a different method that I should be using other than Aperture Photometry Tool?

Best,
Scott

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/RA-and-Dec-In-Aperture-Photometry-Tool-tp290.html
To start a new topic under AstroImageJ, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from AstroImageJ, click here.
NAML