Question regarding stellar limb darkening

SCO

Question regarding stellar limb darkening

SCO
This post was updated on .
Linear LD u1 and Linear LD u2 are entered in the Data Set 2 .Fit Settings screen.  What is their effect on the final output by AstroImageJ?   For example, if I input the wrong filter in Exofast (say V instead of R), what would be difference in the output of AstroImageJ (both graphically in the plot, and in the Measurements table)?  What specific data (or sets of data) would be in error?  Where are all the places in AstroImageJ where I would see inaccurate data as a result of entering the wrong filter in Exofast?  Thanks.

Ed

Sycamore Canyon Observatory
https://scosci.com/

Re: Question regarding stellar limb darkening

Hi Ed,

I'd disable this AIJ DP option until you find a strong reason to try to measure the non-linearity precisely. I expect that residual bulk image (RBI) systematics will dominate systematics from most CCDs (which I do not know how to correct, but can be largely avoided by using comp stars with brightness similar to the target star), but if you get to the point of trying to tackle non-linearity correction, all of the info I have is available in this post. If others have tried to use this feature and have feedback on how to use it and it's effectiveness, we welcome your input as part of this post.

Karen
SCO