Processing out of sequence subs based on time ONLY and not frame number

Processing out of sequence subs based on time ONLY and not frame number

pablotwa
Hi Karen last night I had a mechanical issue with my telescope so I had to re-start gathering data from scratch even though the transit was almost done. My acquisition software started numbering the subs again from scratch from frame 1 on so I ended up with 2 frames 1 etc.. one taken at the beginning of the run and the other at the end of the run after the mechanical failure.

The upshot is that now when importing an image sequence they're are mixed...

I was under the mistaken impression that the image sequence would be ruled by time of acquisition and not by frame number. is there a way to straighten out this mess?.

Thank you in advance

Pablo Lewin

Re: Processing out of sequence subs based on time ONLY and not frame number

Hi Pablo,

AIJ doesn't current offer a way to sort files by the time written, but I think this is a good option for us to add when we get time. I think the best way to handle this situation is to rename the files after the restart. Otherwise, you can turn off sort by number, but then you are at the mercy of the OS to present the files in the order they were written (I haven't had good luck with this). Since it is a one-time problem, I'd go with renumbering the sequence in the filenames of the files after restart.

Re: Processing out of sequence subs based on time ONLY and not frame number

pablotwa
Hi Karen

Thank you. I did rename the files as you suggested (took a while) but now all is well.

Thanks again.

Pablo