Problem with "Save data subset" window

Shannon
Hi all,

I'm pretty new to AIJ and made an error.  In the Multiplot Main window, I selected "Save data subset" which only had 5 columns available at the time and I needed a lot more, so I set it to 20 columns.  I closed the window and re-opened it, but the 20 columns were too tall and I don't have access to the selection of columns numbers at the top anymore.  There doesn't seem to be a way to scroll up and down.  Can anyone point me to a preferences file where I might be able to edit this?  I'd hate to have to uninstall/reinstall but I can if it's the only way to fix this.

Thank you in advance!
Shannon

Save data subset issue - can't scroll to top or bottom of window

Re: Problem with "Save data subset" window

    Hi Shannon,

    This is a problem with that panel style. I need to replace it with
    an updated version that uses scroll bars when I get a chance.

    In the meantime, the most direct fix is go to Multi-Plot
    Main=>File=>Restore all default AIJ Preferences.

    The downside is that if you have a lot of settings that you want to
    keep, they will be lost.

    To change the setting without loosing your other settings:

    - Use the same menu option to start restoring default settings. In
    the first panel that opens, you will see the default directory where
    the preferences are kept. They are stored in the file AIJ_Prefs.txt.
    Just note where the file is, but press Cancel instead of continuing
    to restore defaults.

    - Then close AIJ.

    - AIJ_Prefs.txt is a plain text file. Navigate to it and open it in
    a plain text editor and search for "maxSubsetColumns" and replace
    your setting (20, I think) with a smaller number, and save the
    AIJ_Prefs.txt file.

    - Now start AIJ and the setting should be restored to the value you
    set.

Re: Problem with "Save data subset" window

Shannon
That did the trick!  I couldn't find the .astroimagej dir in my attempts, I kept looking in AppData for no reason other than I often find hidden dirs with prefs in Roaming or Local.  Now I know where my prefs live - that will make swapping them out and saving different versions easier.  I know I can manage them in AIJ but I enjoy peeking under the hood and tinkering.

Thanks again!
Shannon