Preprocessing NEF files with AIJ ?

Gasman
Hi Guys
New to the group and also new to AIJ.
I`ve recently bought a Nikon DSLR (D5500) which as you may know produces .nef files. Can AIJ process raw files like this for say stacking etc or do I need to change them somehow to maybe .fits format for AIJ to be happy with them please?.
I`m used to using .fits files with my Atik ccd using other image processing software but the dslr way of imaging is something new to me!.
thanks
Steve
Ps BTW seasons greetings to all from here in the UK

Re: Preprocessing NEF files with AIJ ?

I don't think ImageJ (and thus AIJ) supports that raw file format directly.

Check and see if this post helps with a work around:

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/Canon-RAW-images-in-AIJ-td280.html

Karen