Pedestal Value removes from master bias

Ray

Pedestal Value removes from master bias

Ray
Hi,

Just wondering, why when creating a master Bias or master dark is there a pedestal value of 100 counts removed from each pixel?

thanks!

Re: Pedestal Value removes from master bias

Pedestal values are removed because they are added by certain camera control programs and are not part of the real data.
If not properly accounted for in the data reduction, incorrect image calibration can result.

Does this removal cause a problem for your purposes?

Ray

Re: Pedestal Value removes from master bias

Ray
karenacollins wrote
Pedestal values are removed because they are added by certain camera control programs and are not part of the real data.
If not properly accounted for in the data reduction, incorrect image calibration can result.

Does this removal cause a problem for your purposes?
Ahh thank you.

Hasn't caused a problem, I had just noticed it in the log and wasn't sure why it was being removed.

I can see now the pedestal value stored in the header for the camera. Thanks for the clarification!