Open a simple fits file

Nicolas
I open one single image with AstroImageJ but when I want to open the same image along with others of the same target and reduced the same way with the "Import" -> "Image Sequence" option, those images do not appear as "selectable" in the menu. I can open those images with ds9 without any problem, actually all are reduced with IRAF and ds9. Any suggestion(s) ? Thank you

Re: Open a simple fits file

Hi Nicolas,

The selection method depends on how an option is set in the AIJ_Toolbar options. Go to AIJ_Toolbar=>Edit=>Option=>Input/Output. If the option "Use file chooser to import image sequences" is deselected, you will need to select the directory that contains the files you want to open, rather than a file inside the directory. If "Use file chooser to import image sequences" is selected, then navigate into the directory and select any one file from the directory.

Next click "Select" or "Open" (depending on the option selected above) and a filter box will show up allowing you to specify matching criteria for the files you want to open.

If the above does not solve your problem, let me know the version of AIJ are you running and the OS. Also, include a screen shot that shows an example folder or example file that you are trying to open.

Karen

On 8/27/2020 12:07 PM, Nicolas [via AstroImageJ] wrote:
I open one single image with AstroImageJ but when I want to open the same image along with others of the same target and reduced the same way with the "Import" -> "Image Sequence" option, those images do not appear as "selectable" in the menu. I can open those images with ds9 without any problem, actually all are reduced with IRAF and ds9. Any suggestion(s) ? Thank you

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/Open-a-simple-fits-file-tp1441.html
To start a new topic under AstroImageJ, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from AstroImageJ, click here.
NAML

Re: Open a simple fits file

Nicolas
Dear Karen,

It seems to work opening the full directory instead of entering the
directory to see the files. I will try to proceed further into the
photometry.

I am running MacOS Catalina 10.15.2 and AIJ 4.0.0 with ImageJ 1.47i

Thank you again, best wishes,

Nicolas

Quoting "karenacollins [via AstroImageJ]" <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Nicolas,
>
>     The selection method depends on how an option is set in the
>     AIJ_Toolbar options. Go to
>     AIJ_Toolbar=&gt;Edit=&gt;Option=&gt;Input/Output. If the option &quot;Use
>     file chooser to import image sequences&quot; is deselected, you will need
>     to select the directory that contains the files you want to open,
>     rather than a file inside the directory. If &quot;Use file chooser to
>     import image sequences&quot; is selected, then navigate into the
>     directory and select any one file from the directory.
>
>     Next click &quot;Select&quot; or &quot;Open&quot; (depending on
> the option selected
>     above) and a filter box will show up allowing you to specify
>     matching criteria for the files you want to open.
>

>     If the above does not solve your problem, let me know the version of
>     AIJ are you running and the OS. Also, include a screen shot that
>     shows an example folder or example file that you are trying to open.
>
>     Karen
>
>     On 8/27/2020 12:07 PM, Nicolas [via
>       AstroImageJ] wrote:
>

>       I open one single image with AstroImageJ but when I want to open
>       the same image along with others of the same target and reduced
>       the same way with the &quot;Import&quot; -&gt; &quot;Image
> Sequence&quot; option,
>       those images do not appear as &quot;selectable&quot; in the
> menu. I can open
>       those images with ds9 without any problem, actually all are
>       reduced with IRAF and ds9. Any suggestion(s) ? Thank you
>

>         If you reply to this email, your
>           message will be added to the discussion below:
>
> http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/Open-a-simple-fits-file-tp1441.html

>         start a new topic under AstroImageJ, email
>         [hidden email]
>         To unsubscribe from AstroImageJ,
>           click here .
>         NAML
>

> codcibnhilhbgolc.png (8K)
> <http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/attachment/1442/0/codcibnhilhbgolc.png>

ADVERTENCIA: Sobre la privacidad y cumplimiento de la Ley de
Proteccion de Datos, acceda a
http://www.iac.es/disclaimer.php
WARNING: For more information on privacy and fulfilment of the Law
concerning the Protection of Data, consult
http://www.iac.es/disclaimer.php?lang=en