Only one row appears in the Measurements Table after pressing Enter

SCO

Only one row appears in the Measurements Table after pressing Enter

SCO
I am using Dennis Conti's guide as I try to learn AstroImageJ.  I am on page 36.  After selecting "Place Apertures" and clicking on the Target star, the Comp stars are automatically selected.  At that point I press Enter and the differential photometry process begins.  However, when it is finished, there is only one row in the Measurements Table (please see screen print).  Dennis' guide says that there should be one row for each slice in the collection (336 slices).  Please let me know what I am doing wrong.  Thanks.

Sycamore Canyon Observatory
https://scosci.com/

Re: Only one row appears in the Measurements Table after pressing Enter

It sounds like you are using AIJ v5 since you mentioned the comp stars placed automatically. Can you confirm the exact AIJ version number by clicking on the bottom of the AIJ toolbar. Also, post an image of your Multi-Aperture set-up panel.

Karen
SCO

Re: Only one row appears in the Measurements Table after pressing Enter

SCO
Hello Karen, I am using version 5.0.3.02 of AstroImageJ.  The Multi-Aperture set-up panel is shown in this screen print.

Sycamore Canyon Observatory
https://scosci.com/

Re: Only one row appears in the Measurements Table after pressing Enter

Does it make any difference if you disable "Halt processing on WCS or centroid error"?

Karen
SCO

Re: Only one row appears in the Measurements Table after pressing Enter

SCO
I will give that a try..
Sycamore Canyon Observatory
https://scosci.com/
SCO

Re: Only one row appears in the Measurements Table after pressing Enter

SCO
Nope.. That did not make any difference.  I still get only one record.
Sycamore Canyon Observatory
https://scosci.com/

Re: Only one row appears in the Measurements Table after pressing Enter

After additional extensive offline troubleshooting, it was found that the user's Windows Desktop was part of the Windows OneDrive system on the computer. When the image sequence was loaded from the desktop+Onedrive, the problem occurred. The Documents folder was not part of windows OneDrive, and loading the same dataset from there worked normally.

Testing on a different Windows computer, loading files from a specific OneDrive folder, or loading from a non-OneDrive Desktop folder worked fine.

It is not clear exactly what caused the problem, but if you have a Windows computer with the desktop set up under OneDrive and are having trouble running AIJ/multi-aperture, try moving your files to a non-OneDrive folder to see if that resolves the problem.

Re: Only one row appears in the Measurements Table after pressing Enter

JustusRandolph
I am having the same problem too where the multi-aperture function will stop after the first file; the measurement table only has one entre. My files are on an external hard drive that are not backed up with a service like One Drive.  I'd try I am using windows 10 and version 5.03.02 of AIJ. I've tried creating a test folder with a couple of files right on the portion of my C drive that is not backed up by external backup and still have the problem. All of my images are plate solved.

I sometimes am able to get all files to be processed after the multi-aperture tool, but usually it only processes the first slice in a stack. From time to time, I get an error that says something like "Waited 0.0 seconds before closing MP panels." Sometimes doing the Fresh Restart, restarting AIJ, or restarting the computer works. I can't quite figure out the set of conditions that work to get all files processed.

I'd appreciate any guidance you have.

Thanks,

Justus

Here is a screen shot of the setting I use on the multi-aperture photometry tool. All of my images are plate solved.

Re: Only one row appears in the Measurements Table after pressing Enter

Hi Justus,

This sounds like a bit of a different problem. We don't have any direct experience with eVscope files. Could you send or post a time sequence of 50 to 100 example images for us to test with? You can send to me at karenacollins@@@outlookdotdotcom (decoder ring required).

Also, are you enabling "Virtual Stack" in the image sequence import panel, or leaving that option disabled?

Re: Only one row appears in the Measurements Table after pressing Enter

JustusRandolph
Hi Karen,

Thank you for your help. I've created a quick zoom video where you can see the error in practice. It doesn't happen all of the time. I can get it working with repeated trials, but can't quite figure out what causes the success.  I'll send the .fits files to your e-mail.

https://mercer.zoom.us/recording/detail?meeting_id=LwDZMnaTQd%2BNxChPH4mtlg%3D%3D&show_share=true