My filter is not an option in the exoplanet transit modelling module limb darkening

My filter is not an option in the exoplanet transit modelling module limb darkening

gboyle
Hi
I have been working through Dennis's piece on transits and how to use AIJ to model them.
I'm in the Southern Hemisphere - or my scope is - with some view limitations and many of the targets are mag13-14+ so to get high SNR i am using 180 sec exposures on my RC20". Clearly narrower filters will presumably need longer exposure times.

One of the parameters that Dennis suggests we pull down is the limb darkening coefficient pair.  When i go to the relevant website to get these my filter of choice - the EXO /clear blue-blocking filter from astrodon is not listed.

Does anyone know which filter is the nearest proxy and is this just something i am going to have to deal with unless i use one of the narrower filters? For now I have just been using the V filter numbers as a proxy.

Thanks
Gavin

Re: My filter is not an option in the exoplanet transit modelling module limb darkening

Hi Gavin,

I use the Kepler filter setting on the limb-darkening lookup website for observations in the astrodon CCB filter. That
gives reasonably good results.

Re: My filter is not an option in the exoplanet transit modelling module limb darkening

gboyle
Excellent.
That is 2 for 2 from today's queries - now i can go back to prior project, open it up as before and change my coefficients to correct values.!

Really enjoying this software and the forum!
Thanks for all..
Gavin

Sent from my iPad

On 27 Aug 2017, at 07:25, karenacollins [via AstroImageJ] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Gavin,

I use the Kepler filter setting on the limb-darkening lookup website for observations in the astrodon CCB filter. That
gives reasonably good results.

Karen

To unsubscribe from My filter is not an option in the exoplanet transit modelling module limb darkening, click here.
NAML