Mac window disappears but still listed in menu and won't appear

Mac window disappears but still listed in menu and won't appear

Tailspin45
After ALT-click in the Image Display window, the Seeing Profile Screen appears, but the Image Display Window disappears but remains listed in the Window pull-down menu. However, if Show All, Cascade or Tile is selected the Image Display window does not appear.

Am I doing something wrong?

AIJ 4.0.0.1, OSX 10.15.7

Re: Mac window disappears but still listed in menu and won't appear

I have been unable to duplicate this behavior. The only differences is that I am running OSX 11.2.2, but I don't expect that is the difference. I have tried "option" left-click directly on the Mac keyboard, and Alt-left click on a windows-style connected keyboard. Which key combination are you using to give the alt-left click behavior?

Do you also see the problem if you plain left-click on a star and then go to Analyze > Plot Seeing Profile in the menu system?

Unfortunately I am unable to OSX 10.15.7?

Are there any other Mac users out there running OSX 10.15.7 or similar? Can you see the problem?

Have any other Mac users out there seen this problem no matter what the OS version?

Karen

On 3/1/2021 2:35 PM, Tailspin45 [via AstroImageJ] wrote:
After ALT-click in the Image Display window, the Seeing Profile Screen appears, but the Image Display Window disappears but remains listed in the Window pull-down menu. However, if Show All, Cascade or Tile is selected the Image Display window does not appear.

Am I doing something wrong?

AIJ 4.0.0.1, OSX 10.15.7

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/Mac-window-disappears-but-still-listed-in-menu-and-won-t-appear-tp1507.html
To start a new topic under AstroImageJ, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from AstroImageJ, click here.
NAML

Re: Mac window disappears but still listed in menu and won't appear

Actually, I did find an OSX 10.15.7 system I can test on. I am still unable to reproduce the problem.

Can anyone else reproduce this problem?

Re: Mac window disappears but still listed in menu and won't appear

Tailspin45
I use the Option key, which is the Mac equivalent of the PC ALT key.

Yes, the same problem occurs if I simply click on a star and then select the Analyze | Plot Seeing Profile menu.

BTW, the Image Display window is not hiding behind some other window.

If I reload the data, an Image Display window appears as before, but it disappears again with ALT (OPT) left click and the Window menu now shows two windows with my data but both are invisible. If I select either window from the menu it does not reappear, nor if I uses the Cascade or Tile option.

FWIW I have two external monitors on my iMac. I unplugged them but the problem remains. I now have three Image Display windows listed in the menu but none are visible.

On Mar 4, 2021, at 4:10 AM, karenacollins [via AstroImageJ] <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

To start a new topic under AstroImageJ, email <a href="x-msg://129/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=1512&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from AstroImageJ, click here.
NAML

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/Mac-window-disappears-but-still-listed-in-menu-and-won-t-appear-tp1507p1512.html
To unsubscribe from Mac window disappears but still listed in menu and won't appear, click here.
NAML

Re: Mac window disappears but still listed in menu and won't appear

Unless others can see the problem and hopefully find some hint of what might be different from my set up, the only other idea I have is to reset your preferences to defaults at Multi-plot_Main > Restore all preferences to defaults, to see if that makes a difference. You may will be asked to back up your currently preferences first. That way you can recover your setting if this doesn't fix your problem.

Karen

On 3/4/2021 8:39 AM, Tailspin45 [via AstroImageJ] wrote:
[...]

To start a new topic under AstroImageJ, email <a href=<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="x-msg://129/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;amp;node=1512&amp;amp;i=0">"x-msg://129/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=1512&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/Mac-window-disappears-but-still-listed-in-menu-and-won-t-appear-tp1507p1514.html
NAML

Re: Mac window disappears but still listed in menu and won't appear

Tailspin45
Yay! That fixed it!

FYI, I never even opened those preferences much less set them to anything.

Thank you!

On Mar 4, 2021, at 4:10 AM, karenacollins [via AstroImageJ] <<a href="x-msg://131/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=1514&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" moz-do-not-send="true" class="">[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

To start a new topic under AstroImageJ, email <a href=<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="<a href="x-msg://129/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;amp;amp;node=1512&amp;amp;amp;i=0" class="">x-msg://129/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;amp;node=1512&amp;amp;i=0">"<a href="x-msg://129/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;amp;node=1512&amp;amp;i=0" class="">x-msg://129/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=1512&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from AstroImageJ, click here.
NAML

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/Mac-window-disappears-but-still-listed-in-menu-and-won-t-appear-tp1507p1512.html
To unsubscribe from Mac window disappears but still listed in menu and won't appear, click here.
NAML

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/Mac-window-disappears-but-still-listed-in-menu-and-won-t-appear-tp1507p1514.html
To start a new topic under AstroImageJ, email <a href="x-msg://131/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=1515&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/Mac-window-disappears-but-still-listed-in-menu-and-won-t-appear-tp1507p1515.html