Java Error with AIJ Installation on Linux

Java Error with AIJ Installation on Linux

Shania246
Following installation procedures found in the guide for Linux installation, the terminal gives the following error when attempting to first start the program:

/usr/local/bin/aij: java: not found

I have ensured that java is installed on the machine and am unsure how to progress.

Re: Java Error with AIJ Installation on Linux

johnk
This message indicates that the java program is not in your search path.  In that case, the solution is either to install java from the packages available for your choice of linux, or modify your search path  if java was installed in some other way.

A first check is to look at your PATH, so open a terminal window and type

echo $PATH

It should return a list including /usr/local/bin and /usr/bin . I would expect java will be in /usr/bin.  You can see this with

ls /usr/bin/java

which should show  a listing for it.

A confirmation that java is installed would be  to run the command the terminal

java -version

which should return something like this that we get on a recent OpenSuse system:

openjdk version "16-internal" 2021-03-16
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 16-internal+35-suse-1.3-x8664)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 16-internal+35-suse-1.3-x8664, mixed mode)

Just based on the message you have when you tried AIJ, it is likely that java is not fully installed.  In that case when you try "java -version" on the command line it will say something about "not found" too.  Here is a link to installing java using the Ubuntu packages that would work if that is your OS:

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-java-with-apt-on-ubuntu-18-04#:~:text=The%20easiest%20option%20for%20installing,sudo%20apt%20update