This post was updated on .
So I came across something I've never seen before. I was doing an extended photometry run on 2/1/23. This involved a meridian flip about 90 mins into the run. I processed the data through the DP in the usual way, either entering the target name or seeing that it was already in place. When I examined the AIRMASS and ALT_OBJ in the measurement file and AIRMASS on the plot, the numbers were clearly wrong.
I started checking parameters; the image FITS headers showed the correct time and target Altitude. I checked the DP Coodinate Convertor, and the target name was correct. I went to the CCD Data Processor, and Target Coordinate Source showed Coordinate Convertor Manual enter. I switched this to FITS header target name. The run aborted as it could not find the appropriate information in the FITs header. I changed the Target Coordinate Source back to Coordinate Convertor Manual, and reentered the DP Coordinate Convertor, typed in the target name, and I'm pretty sure the RA/Dec coordinates changed from what was there previously. I checked these new coordinates - they were correct. After running the DP, AIRMASS now calculates correctly.
It seems at one point the target name was correct in the DP Coordinate Convertor but the RA/Dec was wrong.