Is the identify of T1 available in AstroImageJ?

SCO

Is the identify of T1 available in AstroImageJ?

SCO
I am running a series of images through AstroImageJ in which none of the stars host exoplanets.  I picked a star for T1 based on its moderate flux.  I do not know the identity of this star.  I did plate solve all of the images however.  How can I determine the identity of T1?  Is the name of T1 stored in AstroImageJ somewhere?  Thanks.
Sycamore Canyon Observatory
https://scosci.com/

Re: Is the identify of T1 available in AstroImageJ?

You can right-click near the star in a plate-solved image. That should bring up alternate identifications of the star from SIMBAD (assuming that option is enabled), or you can go directly to the SIMBAD search page and type in the RA and Dec and a search radius ( http://simbad.u-strasbg.fr/simbad/sim-fbasic ).

Karen
SCO

Re: Is the identify of T1 available in AstroImageJ?

SCO
Thanks.  How can I enable the function to bring up alternate identifications of the star from SIMBAD when I right-click on the star on a plate-solved image?
Sycamore Canyon Observatory
https://scosci.com/

Re: Is the identify of T1 available in AstroImageJ?

When you right-click on a star in an image that is plate-solved, the panel shown below will pop-up. Make sure "Search SIMBAD (next time)" is enabled as shown. If it was not enabled, click ok and right-click again on the star to reopen the panel. If the star has a SIMBAD identifier (or identifiers), they will show in the pull down menu. In the example below, the only identifier is TYC-7363-747-1. Brighter stars may have more identifiers. Faint stars will have no identifiers and will show only the X,Y coordinates and RA/Dec (if plate-solved).

You may also enable "Show in SIMBAD (next time)". This option will open the associated SIMBAD web page in your browser so that you can see all SIMBAD data on the star, including a full list of identifiers.

Karen
SCO