Installing AIJ on fedora 36

maryam0345
Dear freinds I am using fedora 36 and can not install astroimagj on it.
I have downloaded these packeages
AstroImageJ_script.tar.gz
AstroImageJ_v5.1.0.00_linux_x64_java18.tar.gz

When I want to install AIJ by 'sudo yum install dfn' command, I get this error:
No match for argument: AstroImageJ_script.tar.gz
Error: Unable to find a match: AstroImageJ_script.tar.gz

Why it can not find the installation file in my document?!

I aapreciate if you assistance in this matter.

Re: Installing AIJ on fedora 36

Are you following the Linux installation instructions here:
https://www.astro.louisville.edu/software/astroimagej/installation_packages/AstroImageJ_installation_linux.html

I am not a native Linux user, but I didn't see the 'sudo yum install dfn' command in the instructions. Can you explain in more detail at which step in the linked instructions that you are having problems?

Re: Installing AIJ on fedora 36

maryam0345
Yes. Actually I have a problem at the first step.
when I run this command:
sudo cp AstroImageJ_v5.0.0.00_linux_x64_java17.tar.gz /home/maryam/Documents

(/home/maryam/Documents: this is the path that the two packages are stored)

I get this error:
cp: cannot stat 'AstroImageJ_v5.0.0.00_linux_x64_java17.tar.gz': No such file or directory

I do not why!

Re: Installing AIJ on fedora 36

Riccardo Papini
Sorry in advance for my basic English.

The command sudo ... must be run from the folder where AstroImageJ_v5.0.0.00_linux_x64_java17.tar.gz file is stored (working directory).

If you are not in that folder, cp command will not find the file and give you the error you report.

From your last message it is not clear which folder is your working directory when you run the command.

Riccardo

Re: Installing AIJ on fedora 36

Also, the instructions are written for a specific installation package. You'll of course need to modify your command to reflect the newer installation package name.

Re: Installing AIJ on fedora 36

maryam0345
Dear friends, the problem solved. I do not what was the issue, just followed the installation steps one more time, and now I can run aij.

Many thanks for your help and consideration.