If trying for "realtime" mode do we predict stack size?

If trying for "realtime" mode do we predict stack size?

gboyle
If I have a couple of images taken but want to realtime see 100 arrive, when asked for size of stack do I enter 2 or 100?
Have tried to do the realtime thing without joy and am trying to find my error!!
Thanks
Gavin

Re: If trying for "realtime" mode do we predict stack size?

Hi Gavin,

For real time mode, you need to be using Data Processor (DP), rather than importing an image sequence. In the lower left corner of DP, set the polling period to something other than zero. Here it is shown set for a polling period of 5 seconds. Then, after all of the other settings are as needed, click start. When new images are written to the hard drive from your camera, they will be displayed, calibrated and re-displayed (if set), photometry executed (if set), and plotted (if set). Using this method, you can watch the light curve update on your screen as images arrive from the camera.

Re: If trying for "realtime" mode do we predict stack size?

gboyle
Great
Got it , thanks

I'm also checking with acp re the flavour of bjd that is in their bjd-OBS field.
Am I right in thinking that if images are properly plate solved they do not need aligned for the apertures to find their way to the correct spots even in realtime mode and through meridian flips?

Sent from my iPhone

On 28 Aug 2017, at 11:06, karenacollins [via AstroImageJ] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Gavin,

For real time mode, you need to be using Data Processor (DP), rather than importing an image sequence. In the lower left corner of DP, set the polling period to something other than zero. Here it is shown set for a polling period of 5 seconds. Then, after all of the other settings are as needed, click start. When new images are written to the hard drive from your camera, they will be displayed, calibrated and re-displayed (if set), photometry executed (if set), and plotted (if set). Using this method, you can watch the light curve update on your screen as images arrive from the camera.

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/If-trying-for-realtime-mode-do-we-predict-stack-size-tp790p791.html
To unsubscribe from If trying for "realtime" mode do we predict stack size?, click here.
NAML

Re: If trying for "realtime" mode do we predict stack size?

That is correct. You do not need to align images if they have been plate solved, as long as you enable the "Use RA/Dec
to locate aperture positions" on the Multi-Aperture setup panel.

Karen