Hyper Suprime-Cam Headers

Re: Hyper Suprime-Cam Headers

Rick_N.
This post was updated on .
Transient reported as AT 2015eu https://www.wis-tns.org/object/2015eu

AstroImageJ is credited in the Photometry section. Thankyou! Lovely colour, AbMag -16.45.

Image removed

Transient reported as AT2015fg https://www.wis-tns.org/object/2015fg

AstroImageJ is credited in the Photometry section. Thankyou! Probably in its later stages judging by the magnitudes.

Re: Hyper Suprime-Cam Headers

Rick_N.
This post was updated on .
Transient reported as: AT2017hb https://www.wis-tns.org/object/2017khb

Thankyou! AIJ is credited in the Photometry section.

Re: Hyper Suprime-Cam Headers

Rick_N.
Hello again. I'm wondering if the fix referred to earlier in this thread ever got done?

"We'll add a feature request for this, but it will unfortunately not be a quick fix."

Thankyou for any help.

Re: Hyper Suprime-Cam Headers

Unfortunately not yet. We are in the midst of changing fits I/O handling code, so we need to wait until that change is complete before investigating a way to handle this. I think the main issue is that we don't want to require all users to have to select a specific fits header before a fits sequence opens, but maybe we can find a way around it.

Re: Hyper Suprime-Cam Headers

Rick_N.
OK thanks for your reply. I'd have some more trade for you, but I can't get the other software to work on my Linux system, which means I can't get a date. It all gets a bit complicated if I have to use an old Windows 10 machine as well as two software programs, of which the other software freezes on contact with HSC frames. Annoying... Still, Zooites reported 14 supernovae thanks to AstroImageJ.  (Also, finding the actual FITS image in the HSC database is just difficult). Best regards, Richard.

Re: Hyper Suprime-Cam Headers

We're actually trying to think through some solutions to see if one is possible to implement as part of the new fits I/O code implementation. If successful, we may have something ready for testing in a few days to a  week. Could you provide us a link to a test image? You may have done this before, but if you could repost here, it would be helpful.

Re: Hyper Suprime-Cam Headers

Rick_N.
I have a HSC image for you to experiment with. The FITS file is 55mb; the last time we exchanged a similar file was using dropbox. Perhaps you would like to do this? I've forgotten how to do it but still have my account. Perhaps do this using private message etc?

Re: Hyper Suprime-Cam Headers

keastrid
Hi Rick,

A dropbox or google drive link is fine. You can DM the link to myself or kcollins, or email it to us at "keastrid atat gmu periodperiod edu"

Kevin

Re: Hyper Suprime-Cam Headers

Rick_N.
Have sent a dropbox link with a 55mb FITS file of CORR-0033858-033.fits to keastrid's email.

The transient is AT 2015 https://www.wis-tns.org/object/2015eu   (lovely colour)

12