How to update headers BJD on image series after acquisition ?

How to update headers BJD on image series after acquisition ?

Pic Vivien
Hello,

I use AIJ for a few days and I still discover the functions little by little ... Many thanks to all the developers for this fantastic software!

I would like to know if it is possible with the DP function to update the headers with the BJD on a series of images after acquisition. I just saw that it was possible to do it in real time, but I can not process my images (already acquired) by batch. One by one by hand it works, but I have thousands of images ...

Sorry for my poor english level, I hope you understand me ...?

Thank you !

Re: How to update headers BJD on image series after acquisition ?

Yes, DP can update the headers in a batch.

Place all of the files to be processed in the same folder. Then use the asterisks wildcard character to select all the filenames to be matched in the "Science Image Processing" sub-panel of DP. Disable all DP functions except "Science Image Processing", "FITS Header Updates", and "Save Calibrated Images".

Set "Target Coordinate Source" to "FITS header target RA/Dec (J2000)" and "Observatory Location Source" to "FITS header latitude and longitude".

Set "Polling Interval" to "0".

In the "FITS Header Updates" subpanel, click the yellow wrench tool icon to open the "General FITS Header Settings" panel. In the input subpanel, set the appropriate target RA and Dec keywords and the appropriate Observatory Latitude and Longitude keywords. In the output subpanel, set the header(s) that you want to update/add. In this case "BJD_TDB".

In the "Save Calibrated Images" subpanel, set the location where updated images will be saved. With all options off except header updates, only the headers will be updated (no calibration will be done). Be sure to set the same image format (16 or 32 bit) as the original images.

Now click the "Start" button and the headers will be updated and the new files will be written to the folder defined in the previous step.

Re: How to update headers BJD on image series after acquisition ?

Pic Vivien
Thank you very much Karen, I just tried it, it's perfect!

My mistake is that I put the full name of my image in the "Filename / Pattern" window and not  the asterisks wildcard character.

Thanks again.

Cordially,

Vivien.