How to flip images in a stack but not the entire stack

SC

How to flip images in a stack but not the entire stack

SC
I have a stack of images, 200+ in total.

Approx. half are pier flipped and I need orientate them the correct way around. If i do View -> Invert X and Y  it applies to the whole stack.

But I need to apply it to just about 100 or so of the images that were actually flipped, i cannot see a way to either apply an invert to a range of images in the stack, or even just to one individual image.

Is there any way to do this ?

Thanks

Re: How to flip images in a stack but not the entire stack

Open only the images that need flipping into a stack. Then use the Image Display "Process" menu items at the bottom to flip the images as needed (will flip the entire stack). Then use the Image Display "File" menu options to save the rotated images. If the original images are plate-solved, you'd need to plate solve them again if WCS headers are needed for your work.

If you already have plate-solved images and are just needing to run photometry, then you don't need to flip the images. In that case, simply use the Multi-Aperture set-up panel option "Use RA/Dec to locate aperture positions" and the apertures will follow the proper star locations after the flip.

Karen

On 3/18/2021 11:22 PM, SC [via AstroImageJ] wrote:
I have a stack of images, 200+ in total.

Approx. half are pier flipped and I need orientate them the correct way around. If i do View -> Invert X and Y  it applies the whole stack. But I need to apply it to just about 100 or some of the images that were actually flipped due to pier flip.

Is there any way to do this ?

Thanks

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/How-to-flip-images-in-a-stack-but-not-the-entire-stack-tp1528.html
To start a new topic under How to accomplish specific tasks in AstroImageJ, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from AstroImageJ, click here.
NAML