How can I adjust the UTC in fits header with Aij?

How can I adjust the UTC in fits header with Aij?

magnusl
Hi!

I seem to have produced a series (100+) of images with the UTC time stamp off 1 hour. How can I use Aij to easily shift this to the correct time, so I can use the files to report to AAVSO anyway....? I know of the DP Coordinate Converter but I cannot get my head around how to do it. I need to adjust the UTC time stamp for start and end of exposure by adding precisely 1 hour.

Magnus

Re: How can I adjust the UTC in fits header with Aij?

Hi Magnus,

I don't think there is an automated way to do this that I can think of. I think the only way to do it is to open the stack and use the Fits Header Editor icon () on each image in the stack to adjust the time keyword(s).

After the header changes have been made, click "Save File" at the bottom of the Header Editor panel, to save the updated file to disk.

If you don't need the image headers updated, just run photometry using the incorrect timing in the header. Save the measurements table. Open the measurements table into a spreadsheet program as a tab-delimited file. Change the time stamps as needed using the spreadsheet math functions. Keep the table rows and row labels the same, and then save the file back to disk as as a tab-delimited file. Reopen the measurements table in AIJ if needed to change plots or produce output files.

Karen

On 2/6/2021 6:15 AM, magnusl [via AstroImageJ] wrote:
Hi!

I seem to have produced a series (100+) of images with the UTC time stamp off 1 hour. How can I use Aij to easily shift this to the correct time, so I can use the files to report to AAVSO anyway....? I know of the DP Coordinate Converter but I cannot get my head around how to do it. I need to adjust the UTC time stamp for start and end of exposure by adding precisely 1 hour.

Magnus

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/How-can-I-adjust-the-UTC-in-fits-header-with-Aij-tp1493.html
To start a new topic under How to accomplish specific tasks in AstroImageJ, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from AstroImageJ, click here.
NAML