Fixing points on a FITs Image

Bernardo

Hi there,

Sorry for coming back so soon to ask a question, but AIJ is so new for me....

I´d like to know if there´s a way to paint points of different colors directly over a FITs Image...I need to identify regions with different materials...

Thank you so much for your time,

Bernardo

Re: Fixing points on a FITs Image

Hi Bernardo,

You should be able to use any of the inherent ImageJ Region Of Interest (ROI) tools.

Look here for documentation on ROIs: https://imagej.nih.gov/ij/docs/guide/146-10.html

And here for Flood Filler: https://imagej.nih.gov/ij/docs/guide/146-19.html#toc-Subsection-19.16

I don't use those sorts of tools much, but the ImageJ documentation is fairly thorough at he above documentation site.

A couple of notes: Those ROIs will not be saved with the FITS image. You will need to output a .png or .jpeg image to present those later. To use some of the mouse moves, you will need to exit "Astronomy Mode" by clicking on a toobar icon to the left of the the one circled here:

Be sure you click on the circled icon again when you want to re-enter normal AIJ operation mode.

Karen