Extracting green channel from FITS

Re: Extracting green channel from FITS

Hi Han, thanks for the testing and feedback!

Kevin, please add an issue to the tracker so that we can go back and revisit the legacy debayer plugin to correct its handling of the four bayer patterns the same as your debayer option, and also handles the 4 fits header keywords that your code handles.

Re: Extracting green channel from FITS

ghawkins
I tried the debayer option for the first time today.  I found a couple of things relating to debayering a 550 image stack:

1. The debayering appeared to cause AIJ to close after processing approx 125 images.
2. Would it be possible to include a counter or updating message to indicate progress?

Best regards,

Gary

Re: Extracting green channel from FITS

Hi Gary,

Is it possible you are running out of memory during the operation? Kevin can confirm, but I believe debayering a stack in memory will quadruple the memory requirement. If that turns out to be the problem, you may need to divide into smaller chunks. I think we support stacks as input, but we may need to add virtual stack output support.

I have added a medium priority feature request for a debayer progress bar.

If you'd like to make the full stack available so that we can try, send us a link.

Re: Extracting green channel from FITS

ghawkins
Memory was the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw the problem. There were approx 550 17MB tri-color images in the run I was looking at.  That's 9.3GB of input data; then you have the output data to consider! At least another 9.3GB.

Re: Extracting green channel from FITS

How much memory is available to your AIJ installation. Click the lower part of the toolbar to get the number.

Re: Extracting green channel from FITS

ghawkins
Max Memory is set for 12640 MB, I have 16GB installed on the machine.

Re: Extracting green channel from FITS

I just checked and virtual stacks are already supported by the debayer routine. You just need to check virtual stack when you import the original color images. The output images will be written to sub-folders instead of saved in system memory. You should be able to process an arbitrarily large image stack using this method.

Re: Extracting green channel from FITS

ghawkins
I have the virtual stacked checked for import, but the debayering stops after approximately 125 of 600 images. The files are being written to a sub-folder debayered/color.

Re: Extracting green channel from FITS

Hi Gary,

We duplicated the test image we had 150 times and was able to duplicate your problem. No need to post your image set now. The issue has now been fixed in the  latest daily build (>= 5.2.0.06). Let us know if the problem is not fixed.

Re: Extracting green channel from FITS

ghawkins
Will do.
1234