Exoplanet Transit

Art Borja

I must admit that in the last few days I have learned quite a bit about exoplanet transits and AIJ but have been unsuccessful in obtaining a light curve of a transit. I discovered that the data that I am using had a meridian flip and also that the pictures were misaligned by quite a bit. I succeeded in aligning the pictures. I ran photometry with all of the images and then with just the images after the meridian flip and the results are essentially the same. I do get straight flat lines for the comparison stars flux but for the target star I get, well, what you see in the attached image, a series of dips in an otherwise straight line. I am at a loss of what this means but it probably does indicate a transit in some way. I just don't know what to do to clean up the graph.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Art

Re: Exoplanet Transit

Hi Art,

I responded to your prior email directly. Hope that clears everything up.

Karen

On 3/20/2018 3:30 AM, Art Borja [via AstroImageJ] wrote:
I must admit that in the last few days I have learned quite a bit about exoplanet transits and AIJ but have been unsuccessful in obtaining a light curve of a transit. I discovered that the data that I am using had a meridian flip and also that the pictures were misaligned by quite a bit. I succeeded in aligning the pictures. I ran photometry with all of the images and then with just the images after the meridian flip and the results are essentially the same. I do get straight flat lines for the comparison stars flux but for the target star I get, well, what you see in the attached image, a series of dips in an otherwise straight line. I am at a loss of what this means but it probably does indicate a transit in some way. I just don't know what to do to clean up the graph.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Art

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/Exoplanet-Transit-tp980.html
To start a new topic under How to accomplish specific tasks in AstroImageJ, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from AstroImageJ, click here.
NAML