Error messege during photometry

Eric
Hi,
trying to do ensemble differential photometry.  I've managed to get through a few previous image runs.

After using DP to plate solve  and having these  images sent to a separate folder I then open up these solved  images via image sequence.

When I attempt to place the photometry apertures I'm getting the following error message,

***ERROR: No signal for centroid in aperture C1 of image 1st test image 90sec.fit.
********: Measurements are referenced to the non-centroided aperture location
***ERROR: No signal for centroid in aperture C2 of image 1st test image 90sec.fit.
********: Measurements are referenced to the non-centroided aperture location
***ERROR: No signal for centroid in aperture C3 of image 1st test image 90sec.fit.
********: Measurements are referenced to the non-centroided aperture location
***ERROR: No signal for centroid in aperture C4 of image 1st test image 90sec.fit.
********: Measurements are referenced to the non-centroided aperture location
***ERROR: No signal for centroid in aperture C5 of image 1st test image 90sec.fit.
********: Measurements are referenced to the non-centroided aperture location
***ERROR: No signal for centroid in aperture T6 of image 1st test image 90sec.fit.
********: Measurements are referenced to the non-centroided aperture location
***ERROR: No signal for centroid in aperture T7 of image 1st test image 90s

Any help would be appreciated.

Eric

Re: Error messege during photometry

H Eric,

Without seeing the images, it's tough to know what the problem is. There are two things I can think of that might be the issue.

1) The stars are too faint relative to the background for AIJ to find a unique centroid.

2) If calibration was done incorrectly resulting in negative values of mean sky background, centroid may fail.

If neither of the above seems to be the issue, send me one of your fits files to (karenacollins atat outlook dotdot com) and a screen grab showing the apertures you have placed that produce the errors and I'll take a look.

Karen

On 11/10/2018 5:29 PM, Eric [via AstroImageJ] wrote:
[...]

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/Error-messege-during-photometry-tp1065.html
To start a new topic under AstroImageJ, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from AstroImageJ, click here.
NAML

Re: Error messege during photometry

Eric
Hi Karen,

I've managed to sort this to some extent.  Looking back over past postings another memeber had a similar problem and solved it by deleting a text file that.  I did the same and was then able to start again, though I need to re-set some parameter settings.  Sorry, but I havn't the file name to hand I did this yesterday.
Anyway things seem to be ok for now.

Thanks,

Eric