Different radii for the different stars

PieterVuylsteke
Hi,

If one has several comp stars, then sometimes it is desirable to have the radii of one comp star at a certain value, and the radii of another on on certain other values. E.g. when there is another star in the neighbourhoud and one need a bigger or smaller radius.

I have seen that the "set" button allows to have a different radius, but it seems it is not possible to have a multi-aperture set with different values for the radii of the background annulus.

In any  case, I do not find it in the documentation...

Or, do I miss something somewhere ???

Kind Regards,
Pieter.

Re: Different radii for the different stars

Hi Pieter,

You are correct. AIJ currently supports only 1 aperture size per multi-aperture run. If you have a star that you need to measure that is crowded by another nearby star, one workaround is to turn off centroid using the icon above the image display when you place the aperture for that star (centroid is on a per aperture basis), and offset the aperture away from the blending star. If that target star aperture is centroided, any uncentroided aperture will track the movement of the target star on the detector. The positioning of an uncontroided aperture can be tweaked after placing using a left-click and drag inside the aperture (zoom in very close on the aperture).

We are considering adding support for multiple aperture sizes within a multi-aperture run, but it would not be implemented in the near-term.

Karen