Data Set 2 Fit Setings

SCO

Data Set 2 Fit Setings

SCO
I am analyzing a star with transits that are unpredictable and often very subtle.  I want to take advantage of the "Fit Optimization" functions available on the "Data Set 2 Fit Settings" screen to get the best information for T1.  The way I can do that is to select a curved transit fit on the "Fit Mode" of the "Multi-Plot Y Data" screen.  Then when the "Data Set 2 Fit Settings" screen comes up I de-select "Enable Transit" box.

So far, so good.  The only issue I have is that by doing the above, the "Plot of Measurements" screen puts a horizontal line through the T1 data (almost as if it intends to fit the T1 data to a straight line).  Of course I do not want any fitting done on T1.  And for some reason the line it puts through the T1 data is pink whereas the dots are blue.  I have no idea why it does that.  Please see the attached screen print to see what I am looking at.

Is there any way to get rid of the line going through the T1 data on the Plot, and could you confirm that no fitting is being done on the T1 data?  Thanks!

Ed

Sycamore Canyon Observatory
https://scosci.com/
SCO

Re: Data Set 2 Fit Setings

SCO
Nevermind...  I found it.  There is a setting for line color in the Data Set 2 Fit Settings screen.
Sycamore Canyon Observatory
https://scosci.com/

Re: Data Set 2 Fit Setings

You have double airmass detrending set for T1. If you want no fitting to T1 at all, you should disable the two instances of airmass detrending (in Multi-plot Y-data or the fitting panel if it is open). As long as a line is showing, the data are getting fit in some way (either detrended or to a transit model).
SCO

Re: Data Set 2 Fit Setings

SCO
Yes, the double Airmass detrend has been fixed.  Thank you.