DP May Not Be Working Correctly

ghawkins
When running the DP, only the data selection window is coming up. The target star window does not appear.  It just started happening.  Running the latest daily build.

Best regards,

Gary

Re: DP May Not Be Working Correctly

Hi Gary, can you explain what you mean by "target star window"?

Re: DP May Not Be Working Correctly

ghawkins
Hi Karen,

Two windows come up when you run the DP.  There is the one where you specify the target star (can't remember the real name) and the one where you specify the FITS locations, add the darks/flats, etc.  The first window is not coming up.

Best regards,

Gary

Re: DP May Not Be Working Correctly

In the Data Processor panel, go to the "FITS Header Updates"  sub-panel. Then click the icon that looks like a protractor.

Re: DP May Not Be Working Correctly

ghawkins
Hi Karen,

So when I click on the DP button, this window comes up:

I'm confused as to where I need to go next.

Best regards,

Gary

Re: DP May Not Be Working Correctly

If you are wanting to add new FITS Header Info, go to the FITS Header Updates section, check General, and then if needed, click the Protractor icon (third over to the right).

If you are asking how to use DP in general, please refer to Dennis Conti's Exoplanet Observing Guide, and then if you have questions that are unanswered, let us know.

Re: DP May Not Be Working Correctly

ghawkins
Hi Karen,

I looked at Dennis's guide.  Section 7.2 - When you click on the DP icon, two windows should appear - the CCD Data Processor and the DP Coordinate Converter.  The DP Coordinate Converter window has stopped appearing on my system!

Gary

Re: DP May Not Be Working Correctly

And you have tried the first sentence in my previous response?

Re: DP May Not Be Working Correctly

ghawkins
Hi Karen,

I had not tried to "If you are wanting to add new FITS Header Info, go to the FITS Header Updates section, check General, and then if needed, click the Protractor icon" because I did not think I was trying to update the FITS header; I was simply trying to input the target name in the DP Coordinate Converter window so I could ensure the AIRMASS figures appeared in the measurements table.  Now I've checked the General checkbox in the FITS Header Update, the DP Coordinate Converter window is appearing again. Not sure how/why the checkbox got unchecked, but it was not obvious to me that a checkbox in this area was causing a window not to appear. It appeared to me we were just miscommunicating about the problem, which all started with me misnaming the offending window (target star window) because I could not see the window to remember its name.

Gary

Re: DP May Not Be Working Correctly

No problem Gary. Glad all is worked out now. The airmass numbers are added to calibrated image fits headers and then extracted by multi-aperture from the fits headers later. That allows the calibrated images (with the updated fits headers) to be further processed at any time in the future as well.

Karen