Combining multiple aperture files

David Emory
I am doing multiple photometry. I have over 300 stars. To keep the analysis at anyone time to a manageable  size, I have being doing the photometry in lots of 50 stars. Is there a way to combine the aperture files so that I can display all the apertures on an image at one time?

Re: Combining multiple aperture files

Hi David,
    Do you have a list of RA/Dec for all >300 stars? If so, I think the easiest way is to recreate the AIJ .apertures file from the RA/Dec list using John Kielkopf's utility that converts RA/Dec to AIJ x,y coordinates (I've copied John here since he provided the conversion utility). Are you able to use that utility directly?
    The other option is to use a text editor to open the main/first .apertures file. You would need to append three lines from each of your other .apertures files into the main/first .apertures file. The lines you need to append start with:

.multiaperture.isrefstar=   (append only the additional true/false/commas - do NOT add an enter/line feed between each set - the line will be very long and will wrap around several times)
.multiaperture.xapertures=  (append only the additional numbers and commas - do NOT add an enter/line feed between each set - the line will be very long and will wrap around several times)
.multiaperture.yapertures= (append only the additional numbers and commas - do NOT add an enter/line feed between each set - the line will be very long and will wrap around several times)

Karen

On 9/2/2013 4:50 PM, David Emory [via AstroImageJ] wrote:
I am doing multiple photometry. I have over 300 stars. To keep the analysis at anyone time to a manageable  size, I have being doing the photometry in lots of 50 stars. Is there a way to combine the aperture files so that I can display all the apertures on an image at one time?

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/Combining-multiple-aperture-files-tp98.html
To start a new topic under AstroImageJ, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from AstroImageJ, click here.
NAML