Catalog Numbers . Just Curious

NedS
I see in most exoplanet transit finder programs RA and Dec. are identifiers.
Why aren't Catalog numbers used?

Re: Catalog Numbers . Just Curious

I'm not sure about other programs, but as for AIJ, there would be a massive amount of data to carry around with the program. The TESS Input Catalog (TICv8) would be the most complete catalog, and it is huge. It contains nearly 2 billion sources.

On 5/5/2020 9:21 AM, NedS [via AstroImageJ] wrote:
I see in most exoplanet transit finder programs RA and Dec. are identifiers.
Why aren't Catalog numbers used?

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/Catalog-Numbers-Just-Curious-tp1340.html
To start a new topic under AstroImageJ, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from AstroImageJ, click here.
NAML