Cannot see radio buttons at bottom of page on Multi Aperture Meas Screen

Cannot see radio buttons at bottom of page on Multi Aperture Meas Screen

Mike Miller
I am  using windows 10 and latest version of AIJ.
I cannot see the bottom of page of Multi Apertures Measurements Screen with
radio buttons for Place Apertures, Aperture settings and Cancel??

Re: Cannot see radio buttons at bottom of page on Multi Aperture Meas Screen

Mike Miller
disregard this message...as I made some changes to display in Wind 10...and fixed the problem

Re: Cannot see radio buttons at bottom of page on Multi Aperture Meas Screen

Hi Mike, if there are specific changes you made that fixed your problem, we would welcome them to be detailed here since it might help another user. We may also be able to implement a fix to avoid the problem you were seeing.

Re: Cannot see radio buttons at bottom of page on Multi Aperture Meas Screen

mjperson
I'd love to hear what you changed.  One of my students is on Windows and doesn't get the Place Apertures buttons in that window.  (I only use a Mac so am of limited help beyond giving her the text of your response "changed the display".)

Mike P

Re: Cannot see radio buttons at bottom of page on Multi Aperture Meas Screen

What is the resolution of your students screen?

Re: Cannot see radio buttons at bottom of page on Multi Aperture Meas Screen

mjperson
She has her normal set up turned way down in resolution as everything needs to be larger to accommodate her various assistance technologies.  Changing the resolution did in fact put the button back.  It seemed odd as there space the button should be in was in fact available, it just didn't print at the lower resolution.  I've asked her for the details of the setting she changed to make it work.

Re: Cannot see radio buttons at bottom of page on Multi Aperture Meas Screen

Thanks, with the specific resolution setting, we should be able to duplicate the problem on our end and find a fix.

Re: Cannot see radio buttons at bottom of page on Multi Aperture Meas Screen

We believe this problem has been fixed in 5.3.0.00. Please report here if this problem still occurs.

Re: Cannot see radio buttons at bottom of page on Multi Aperture Meas Screen

mjohnson
Hi Karen, I believe that I may be getting a reoccurrence of this bug but I am not 100% sure because I'm not totally sure the manifestation is the same as the original bug.

I am running AIJ 5.3.2.00 on Windows 10. When I bring up the multi-aperture measure screen, the radio buttons are not obviously present. After some investigation I found that they were rendered, they were simply hidden behind the screen-bottom start menu. I was able to access the buttons by changing the "scale and layout" setting in Windows from 125% down to 100%. While I was troubleshooting I found that the same issue occurred in both 5.3.1 and 5.3.0. Overall, it appears that the multi-aperture measure screen is not being scaled to an appropriate size on my screen, and cannot easily be re-scaled to a better size using AIJ alone.

Re: Cannot see radio buttons at bottom of page on Multi Aperture Meas Screen

Thanks for the report Marshall. If possible, could you let us know the effective resolution of your screen at 125% scaling (or at 100%)?

Re: Cannot see radio buttons at bottom of page on Multi Aperture Meas Screen

mjohnson
I am using a display resolution of 1920 x 1080. I assume this is also the effective resolution when the scaling is at 100%, but I have been unable to locate a clear explanation of how to find or calculate the effective resolution.