Can't plate solve with AIJ

shbarr2001
Hello all,

Is anybody else having problems plate solving with AIJ?  Finally had a relatively clear night last night and got some photometry of T CcB but fails with plate solving.  Strange as I took the same images and could plate solve with nova.astrometry.net.  Also, it won't plate solve images that were previously quickly solved.  Strange we are running into these problems just as T CrB is set to explode.

Clear skies,

Steve

Re: Can't plate solve with AIJ

I have confirmed the problem you are seeing with plate solves using the astrometry.net server. I am communicating with Dustin at asrtometry.net to work out what is going wrong. I'll report back when I know more.

If you happen to be using a Windows PC, try installing the local solver called ansvr. Detailed ansvr installtion instructions are here:
http://astroimagej.170.s1.nabble.com/AstroImageJ-3-2-0-Released-new-local-astrometry-net-server-supported-for-Windows-users-td338.html

Re: Can't plate solve with AIJ

shbarr2001
Thanks Karen,
Loaded up ansvr and I'm back in business.
Clear skies,
Steve

Re: Can't plate solve with AIJ

Hi All,

Dustin at astrometry.net found that someone has submitted an 80,000 image job, which is causing very long solve times for everyone (5-15 minutes). AIJ is currently set to timeout if a plate solution is not returned within 2 minutes. We're changing that timeout to 15 minutes. If there is an urgent need to use the astrometry.net server-based tool with 5-10 minute solves per image, we'll try to advance that change to a daily build. Otherwise, the extended timeout will be included in the next release.

Karen